Monday 25 October 2010

SIFF 2010 Sugar Hit - Sheraton On The Park, Sydney CBD

Conservatory Bar @ Sheraton On The Park

Okay, I lied, the Sugar Hit at Azuma Kushiyaki was not the last one this year hehehe :P
After seeing mademoiselle délicieuse's post on the one at Sheraton , I just had to try it or I'm gonna regret it forever !

It was Sunday night and when we rocked up to the Gallery Tea Lounge (where it was supposed to be held at) there was no sign of it being open.
Lost and confused, I went up to the concierge desk with both concierges busy tending other guests' needs. After waiting for a good 10 minutes, finally a kind bell boy asked if he could help.
Unfortunately he had no idea on what Sugar Hit is 0_o
So he did a search on the net and advised us the Sugar Hit is at Bungalow 8 on King Street Wharf o_0

You can tell at this stage I was getting annoyed and confused, I even went behind the desk and trying to help him do the search. 
It was at this point that the receptionist finally told the bell boy that the Sugar Hit has been relocated to the Conservatory Bar on the first floor.
Super annoyed !! I'm not blaming the bell boy who had tried to help but annoyed at the others for not helping him until I get behind the desk *arrghh*

Conservatory Bar & Brown Brother's Orange, Muscat & Flora

I braved myself tonight and give the dessert wine a go instead of swopping it with something else.
HUGE mistake ! I only drank less than half of the content on the glass and I was red as a boiled lobster !
And today, I'm coping it, scratching like a monkey the whole day in the office.....welcome to my world of alcohol allergy *sad*

Tropical Tonka Bean Pannacotta on Boysenberry & Finger Lime Infused Compote
w/ Crisp Almond Chocolate Biscotti

Originally I though I would get the standard pannacotta, but instead it was more of a pannacotta gateaux.
There was an alternate layer of very soft vanilla sponge and tonka bean pannacotta, it would have been perfect IF only it was sweet.
Both me and my cousin agreed that the cake was bland - like "Oops! I forgot to add sugar" bland. I suppose the dessert wine is already sweet, but having dessert that is not sweet is just wrong.

Gold dusted almond ; Layered cake

We couldn't taste the finger lime at all in the boysenberry compote, it just tasted like the berry.
The biscotti was quite nice though, chocolatey and super crispy.

Sheraton's Sugar Hit offering this year may be pleasing to the eyes but not to the taste buds :(

After having 7 Sugar Hits this year ( record for me !!), my favourite would have to be the one at Guylian and Shangri-La.

I hope next year's offerings would be more interesting ^_^

Conservatory Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment